Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Let's Go Very Very Slow (cue the Chariots of Fire song)































I would not want to be the boxer in the first photo...Anyways, recently I found myself looking through the Internet, searching for some article or nonsense that would simply keep me busy. Every now and then I would notice these remarkable photos that depicted these extremely high definition slow motion shots. This made me think...people are turning these ridiculous, funny, intriguing, and/or creative images into art and then begged the though, would I go into a gallery and pay for one? Yes, yes I would.

I love so many things, so many different types and forms of art, film and literature - I could simply go on forever (but we would get bored of that, wouldn't we?). This is a new addition to my extending list of loves and adorations - high speed imagery.

Since we are talking about it, I thought it appropriate to include a nice little video (or two...:D).


It's funny when you click play on the video, all of a sudden this incredibly intense music comes up called 'Delerium by Silence' so if you were really wondering what the music was, well there you go. Onwards, it's 5 minute 11 second video of what I believe to be a compilation of some really interesting stuff (stuff because I can't think of the right word for now...). It's an art form - actually call it whatever you like, whatever flows through the head more easily, what matters is simply giving it a slice of your attention (I just realised I wrote 'slice' instead of 'piece' because I just ate a slice of courgette quiche and mixed it into my wording - I do that all the time...)

Because we all love looking at images (at least I do for I'm both a very visual and literary person) let's look at a few others that caught my eye.




The animal slow motion photographs are actually taken by a photographer called Carli Davidson who is a pet photographer. I must give her credit for as I much as I love her, my cat Lolita, somehow knows when you want to take a picture of her and makes a point of not only 1) not looking at the camera but also, 2) deciding that she's hungry again and must walk away. 

The great thing about slow-motion (and I'll elaborate more on slow-motion in another post) is that it is not a single 2D/3D shot that after a single glance you know what is there. In a slow-motion shot, I at least have to look 1, 2, maybe even 3 times just to see that I haven't missed anything. The way the skin moves when we shake our heads, something that none of us see because it is an occurrence that just happens too quickly. It's a shame really that our eyes can't go into a super-fast or super-slow mode so that we can see what we're missing. But that is another one of the joys of life that we simply have to thank cameras and technology for then, don't we?

Well before you go onto the next blog or switch off for the day pleasee look at this video: (pay attention to 4:30 for that is when the balloon actually bursts)...



Photos:
http://dpshots.com/images/high_speed/high_speed_photography_3.jpg
http://creativepool.com/marketing/images/high-speed-shaking-dog-4.jpg
http://www.myicore.com/post_pics/high_speed_photos/high_speed_photo_4.jpg
http://www.wherecoolthingshappen.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/shake-dog-photography-carli-davidson-2-640x570.jpg
Gif:
http://img7.joyreactor.com/pics/post/gif-cat-water-slow-motion-664177.gif
Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rU7iYYpSrlo 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_OyHUqIIOU 

No comments:

Post a Comment