Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Loving the Art in Cuba

Hard to believe it's been 2 days since I came back, for it seems to me to have been so much longer. We all love art don't we? Well I do and that is why I have come to computer at 10% battery to discuss what I have just thought of.

Semi-isolated, and thought of as 'that' communist country, Cuba is immensely underrated and deserving of so much more.

So much of the graffiti is similar to the multi-million dollar artworks that are sold within Europe and beyond.


This photograph was taken by myself whilst riding on a carriage that was being driven by a donkey surprisingly enough. I don't believe that it is quite as visible here but I have used Adobe Photoshop CC to add a mosaic effect to the sky, along with enhancing the colors in the picture. Alsoo I have changed the color of the car from a dull blue to a luminescent green.


This is not my photograph but it looks very similar to some pictures that I have taken myself - I mean, I have seen that exact car. Anyways, in Old Havana which is beyond gorgeous you see so much of this art either spray painted or painted onto the houses, walls, fences, streets and so on. 

No it is not really a communist anymore, more so into the 'special' period or perestroika - however you look at it. But you must go there. It is beautiful, inspiring and for me, one big surprise. 

Before I log off here are some more pictures...


Sneaky note: I actually saw this factory and it is where they roll all the BEST cigars including 
#1 Cohiba 
#2 Montecristo
#3 Romeo y Julieta
...



http://www.mypixel.se/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/tumblr_mcenv6RW5u1ry5yz0o1_1280.jpg
http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large/partagas-cigar-factory-havana-cuba-mike-grainger.jpg
http://www.welists.com/itemimages/cuba-1.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment