Sunday, May 4, 2014

Our Food In Half

I live in London, therefore there is always a myriad of restaurants and cafés to choose from when stuck in a moment of hunger. Be it Chinese, Thai, French, Italian, Pan-Asian or whatever, such an extensive array of cuisines in one city means that it is incontrovertible to say that you can not find a place to eat.

Stemming off of that intro, I found a photographer who takes pictures of the food we eat,  but with a twist. The twist being that all the food is cut in half. Some of it I don't quite understand how she does, like with the cup of coffee that sits in a styrofoam cup with its swirls of caffeine still evident to the human eye. Therefore I deduced from this interesting find that I should present it to you,

Cut Food by Beth Galton






I have had my fair share of experience with photography and found myself many a time in a quandary over something that looked so cryptic and convoluted at the same time. But I must say that these photos do leave me feeling extremely hungry. With the second photograph not appearing to aid in my obsession with caffeine and preventing me from going to the kitchen right now and turning on my Nespresso machine for yet another vanilio and caramelito coffee.

Rest assured, there is nothing disingenuous about my intentions in showing you these five meticulously taken photographs of cut food. It is also not another effort of mine to appear overly pedantic in teaching 'oh this and that' about the wonders of art in photography. It is simple, lucid and mouthwatering. 

I came across these photographs upon my efforts to procrastinate in times of exams, projects, research papers etc. But I don't think it was an overly effective procrastination for I ended up doing something related to work. Nevertheless, this is to foster both my and any other individual's efforts in seeing the creative side to the Internet. For I believe that increasingly so, the Internet is being projected into a light of social networking, newspaper websites, trash feeds, and thought of in a solely negative manner. But it isn't any of those things (well it is but...) it is so much more. 

Source: http://colt-rane.com/cut-food-by-beth-galton/

No comments:

Post a Comment